1) Flexible magnetic bands or sheets are often utilized in insoles to treat foot problems. On average products composed of this type of magnet will measure about 200 to 350 Gauss, varying with the thickness of the magnet.
2) Neodymium magnets are widely used for jewelry, bracelets, and as spot magnets which are used to treat specific points. On average, neodymium magnets will measure between 1000 to 3000 Gauss at the surface, varying with size.
3) Ceramic magnets are typically used in magnetic therapy products, such as wraps and cushions. A typical ceramic magnet used for magnetic therapy products will measure about 900 to 1100 Gauss on the surface, varying with the size of a particular magnet.
4) Samarium cobal magnets are most often found in good quality jewelry when rusting is unwanted. They are quite expensive, and also quite brittle. A typical samarium cobalt magnet used for magnetic jewelry will measure between 1000 to 2400 Gauss, varying with size and thickness.
5) Hematite magnets have a number of natural biomagnetic properties. Beaded magnetic hematite is widely utilized as bead magnets for good quality jewelry - bead strands are utilized to produce beaded hematite bracelets, necklaces, and belts. When using hematite, the jewelry itself is magnet rather than a separate magnet placed in the product. An average hematite magnet used for jewelry will measure about 1000 to 2400 Gauss, varying with the size of the individual beads.
For more magnetic therapy information, visit the Natural Health Techniques site.